Ack! I am always so short on time, but here are the highlights from this AMAZING week!
Elder Kevin W. Pearson of the first quorum of the Seventy visited us on Thursday. I cannot adequately describe that experience. He changed the way I think about myself, my work--pretty much my whole life. He talked a lot about the vital importance of the Holy Ghost, our identities as disciples of Jesus Christ, and the power that those two things hold. He challenged us to change a lot of things, but President Bahr's "Change Your Heart" theme prepared me well. Sister Bean and I got to work applying his instruction immediately, and.....
We found eight new investigators within 48 hours. Suddenly I cannot think of anything better to do than work. I have always enjoyed the work we do, but now I live for it. I cannot wait to finish shopping today and just get out there and find more people, because they are EVERYWHERE. Oh my goodness, we could not turn a corner without finding someone else who had been prepared to hear and accept the gospel.
For FHE tonight, study "Flooding the Earth with the Book of Mormon" (Ezra Taft Benson). It will rock your world.
Forgot one little detail last week. We had a couple really hot days and I realized that there was no way I was going to survive the summer with my long, thick, frizzy locks, so--I chopped my hair. It's really short. I'll send pics soon.
1 comment:
I love Missions, Missionaries, the work they do,and the spirit that shines from their every word!!
Post a Comment