Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Year in Images

Adventures at Philmont Scout Ranch























Stop at the Manti Temple on the way to Provo



New roommates Brooke and Rose 




The new apartment—Campus Plaza Apartments



That's my new friend, Gared

My new job as a concessions hawker for the football games—that's a coworker making a big batch of hot chocolate
I lost a fight with my dresser and got three stitches

Gared taught me how to catch a fish. Then we ate it.

He wants to be a marriage counselor. Here he is teaching a dating class in my apartment.



Fisheries and wetland management class at the local hatchery







Emma looking pensive at the Wildlife and Range Club activity I dragged her to.

Halloween! Bet you can't guess who we are...
Hogle Zoo







Hunting! I scared all the elk away...
Thanksgiving with Gared's family.
Emma's new job at Culver's.

Christmas!

No Black family reunion would be complete without a visit to In 'n Out.


Cribbage. Gared is introducing me to all sorts of new games.

Emma using her cosmotology skills on me
I need the help
New Year's bonfire
Ice fishing with Gared's dad and grandfather. It was vey cold and unsuccessful

We had better luck the next time we tried.




Falconry convention
New job at BYU Independent Studies

Ornithology class
Animal nutrition class. This alpaca has had a "fistula" installed...google it...

Spring! 
New Jersey Morristown Mission reunion—Sara Picard was my trainer
General Conference in April

Hair cut!



Emma's photo shoot with roommate Brooke

So pretty!

Festival of colors! Hari krishna!



Posing for Mom on Mother's Day

Skyping

Ornithology camping trip at Lytle Ranch



Visiting Texas









My parents' new puppy, Rusty
He is MUCH bigger now

Volunteering at the Great Basin Wildlife Rescue—meet baby Mr. Chitters, an orphaned barn owl.
Burrowing owl
Two orphaned Coopers hawks

Baby American Kestrel, Oster
Summer silliness
My birthday















At one of Gared's intramural football games with Jenna and Sierra
Hiking at Sundance on Gared's birthday



Red Lobster—one of Gared's favorite places to eat.
We found very good, very cheap Hawaiian shave ice!

A surprise waiting for me after work. Guess who left it?

Bike ride to Utah Lake with Emma






Sister outing—we found Bluebell ice cream! IN UTAH!




Car troubles

Gared to the rescue!



Gared's makeshift tool was a rusted piece of metal

Back to school—mammology class




Techniques of Wildlife Management class lab
I used this shotgun...
...to turn that stack of wood...
...into this.
New polar bear exhibit at the Hogle Zoo
And then one day in October...

...this boy asked me a question.
And I said yes.


Then we went to General Conference.

Not much later, my new nephew, Peter Underwood, was born.

Gared and I had a little fun with our engagement photos... :)





















I'm getting married this Saturday. I never would have guessed that all these things would happen since the last time I wrote. I never would have guessed that Gared was behind that big fuzzy question mark in my life. I think I'll keep him, and I think I will be ok with other question marks. It's been a good year.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

That made me cry. In a good way. :)