Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Holly's letter 1/25

Sister Picard is doing much better! The mission doc prescribed some medicine that helps her sleep and relieves the headaches. We were doubting Thomases the first time she took it, but the next morning she woke up and said, “It’s so weird not to have a headache!” She is much more chipper and happy—much more like the Sister Picard I remember. By the end of the day she might start to get a headache again, but every day it gets a little bit better. She’s getting better at knowing when she needs to eat and balancing her diet with everything that she needs. I’m still adjusting to the healthier diet. I have a harder time giving up the “good” stuff than Sister Picard, she was a really healthy eater already before her mission, so she hasn’t found it difficult.

We finally had an investigator come to church! His name is Ariv. He’s from India, his English is…not good, and he only reads Hindi—but he loves “the Christian religion”, as he says, and he said he enjoyed church. He stayed for all three meetings! All I can figure is that the Spirit was talking to him the whole time, I don’t know how he could have understood it otherwise.

No comments: