Tidbit from Holly's letter this week (1/4):
So things are a little crazy right now. Sister Picard woke up the day after Christmas not feeling well, she said she was very nauseous and had a headache. We chalked it up to overeating on Christmas, worked most of the day and let her have a nap, but the next day it didn't improve, and every day her head has hurt worse and worse and other strange symptoms have cropped up. We spoke a lot to the Bahrs and the mission doctor, she's had two blessings--finally I was told to take her to the ER on Saturday.It took a long time and a lot of questions and examining from the nurses before the nurse practitioner and ER doc decided to bring in a neurologist. She was admitted that night and is still there today undergoing lots of tests. For the time being I am in a trio with the Spanish sisters and have been going to all their appointments with them. So this week has been hard. It's been difficult to see her suffer and not be able to help. The hardest part was when Sister Bahr told me that I had permission from Salt Lake to leave her alone at the hospital and go home. I tried to refuse, but was basically commanded to go home and stay with the Spanish sisters. It was very strange to walk out of the hospital without her. But she's been blessed that she will be healed, so I am confident that she will. I'm only sorry that she has to go through all of this in order for it to happen. We're planning to go see her today and the Bahrs have been pretty good at keeping me up to date (President Bahr was a neuroradiologist, so he's been talking a lot to her doctors). Please keep her in your prayers! I hope that I can keep the work going while she's recovering. My one comfort is that the transfer fax came last night (can you believe it's time for transfers already?!?), and we are staying together! My anxiety would be so much worse if they transfered me before she got better.
So, not much else to report. Taking care of Sister Picard has been the focus of nearly all my time, but Sister Erickson and Sister Bushman have been taking good care of me, we are hoping to visit some of my investigators this week.
Holly would also appreciate any letters, notes, etc, that you would send her! Also, any comments on her facebook page I try and pass along. For example, I was logged on to her account recently and a friend popped up trying to chat, and he asked if she was a nun. I didn't have time to respond, but thought it was funny so sent the question on to Holly. Her response? "Tell whoever made that comment that for all intents and purposes I AM a nun. :D" Gotta love her!
1 comment:
what is her snail mail address?
Post a Comment