Well, it was going to happen sometime. Sister Picard is being transfered :( I am SO sad! It's kind of a bummer to start your mission with such a wonderful companion because it makes it really hard to imagine anyone else even coming close. But--the reality is that I am going to have quite a few more companions over the course of my mission, so I need to chin up and get excited about the things I'll learn from someone new and different. Hopefully I'll still see Sister Picard a couple more times before she heads back to Nauvoo.
12. INCHES. OF. SNOW. Did the whole country get dumped on? I think I jinxed us. Last week I told you that the weather has never kept us from working--WELL.All of Wednesday we were snowed it. We got around 18 inches. Suffice it to say that we studied a lot. We also did weekly planning and cleaned the apartment, which I thoroghly enjoyed. I am always wishing I could clean more.
Zone Conference was Thursday. Exceedingly enlightening, as usual. We've been given a new challenge to take a clean copy of the Book of Mormon and hiighlight every time Christ is mentioned as we read it, whether by name or pronoun. I LOVE this challenge! I am only to 2 Nephi, and let me tell you. I've always believed it or known it intellectually, but never has it struck me so strongly as it does now what a testament the Book of Mormon really is of Jesus Christ. He is on every page. Every story, every chapter surrounds and points to Him. Its whole purpose is to bring its readers closer to Him. I love this book more every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment