I was so excited to be able to flip the page on my calendar, I couldn't wait til this morning. I did it last night. Yes, there is still snow EVERYWHERE, but we are looking forward to spring and enjoying the snow while it lasts. Sister Greenwood and I have had a couple epic snowball fights with the Elders. They may say differently, but I think we kicked their trash.
This transfer is a transfer of LEARNING. Technically speaking I am still pretty young on the mission, but after three transfers I'd have thought that I sorta kinda knew what I was doing...WRONG! I am finding that I still know absolutely nothing! But I am really grateful for Sister Greenwood. The experiences she's had in her previous areas have prepared her perfectly for being here. She is teaching me a lot, and we both feel like things in Fair Lawn are about to turn around. We sat down last night and made plans for everything that we want to accomplish for this transfer. It's great to have a vision! It's going to be grueling, but it'll be great to be busy, and we are already seeing the blessings of working hard, doing whatever it takes, and being obedient.
More baptisms in the Branch! And hopefully some more next week as well. One of the Branch members' aunt is here visiting from England, and it just so happens that she is staying with her sister in our area. We had a really good lesson with her about the Restoration, after which she told us that she knows Joseph Smith was a prophet! We have another appointment with her tomorrow, and we are hoping to set her with a baptismal date, maybe even to be baptized before she goes back to England!
We had interviews with President and Sister Bahr last week. I love them more and more every time we see them. Sister Bahr had us teach her a 15-minute lesson on Priesthood and auxiliaries. I'll admit I was shaking in my boots a little. As the mother of 15 children, Sister Bahr has a reputation for striking the fear of God into people, more particularly 19-year-old boys...but still. I was intimidated. Sister Greenwood and I worked really hard on her lesson, and we sought the guidance of the Spirit in knowing how we could meet her needs. Success! It went really well, and she said that we met her need that day. And President Bahr is probably about ready to be beamed up. General Authority, grandfather and friend all rolled into one.
No comments:
Post a Comment