Monday, November 29, 2010

11/29

Thanksgiving was truly a day to be grateful! With all the trips back and forth to Morristown, Sister Bluth and I ran out of miles and have been on our bikes every day since Wednesday. Thanksgiving day was cold and rainy, so as we pedalled against the wind from appointment to appointment I put my head down and thought of the many things I am grateful for: a car, so we don't have to ride our bikes all the time; bikes, so we don't have to walk and we can get from place to place faster when we don't have the car--AND so that I can burn off all the extra food we've had; good weather, which we've had in great abundance since I've been in this area; fewer dinner appointments, so I wouldn't have to eat 5 Thanksgiving dinners like I did last time and so I don't get too big for my clothes; good health and fitness, so I have the endurance to ride my bike all day; the gospel, which some people at both our appointments did't have; awesome ward members who invite their friends over when the missionaries are there, which means new investigators for us; Thanksgiving leftovers, so I don't have to cook, and also because my MSF is low; and a wonderful, loving family at home, another thing which is missing from so many people's lives these days.
I'm sorry it's going to be so short this week. Travel is longer on bikes, and there is much to be done today! I love you all so very, very much! I can't believe it's almost December. Next Monday we'll know if one of us being transfered. Sheesh.
Love, love, love,
Sister Black

No comments: