It's been an awesome week. Ray had a second interview, passed with flying colors, and is preparing for his baptism this Saturday @ 11am. He came to the same conclusion as you, Mom, and is confident that his testimony of Joseph Smith will continue to come with time, prayer, and faithful study. Another investigator Bradley is getting baptized on Sunday, and two more are set for August 1. Needless to say, Sister Fonua, Sister Tolman and I are all ecstatic. I love them so much! I can't believe how much fun we've been having. The other day Sister Fonua and I were about ready to pee our pants we were laughing so hard, and I asked, "Are we supposed to be having this much fun?" Sometimes it boggles my mind how physically fatigued we can be, how many disappointments we endure and how many challenges/trials spring up in our way, and yet we enjoy every minute of it.
I had a sweet experience the other day. As a zone we fasted from lunch Friday to lunch Saturday. I wouldn't recommend it, it's definitely harder going to bed hungry. But anyway, after some pondering about discussions we've had during companion study, I decided that I need to be more converted. I chose that as the focus of my fast and asked Heavenly Father in my prayers to help me to better understand conversion and, more importantly, apply it. A few days beforehand I had grabbed a few issues of the Ensign at random and stacked them on my desk as study material. Saturday afternoon, shortly after ending my fast, I grabbed a Conference issue from 2002 and opened immediately to a talk by Elder Scott on conversion. My heart swelled with gratitude for such a swift answer to my searching. I am so grateful for a loving, mindful Heavenly Father, who is so willing to bless us if we but ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment