There's so much to talk about I just can't stand it!
Elder Paul V. Johnson of the first quorum of the Seventy addressed us on Friday. It was a very different experience from Elder Pearson's visit almost a year ago. The mission is doing very well and is on track to meet its baptismal goal this year, but the opposition are doubling their efforts as well. Sister White and I have both sensed that great things are expected of us this (and hopefully next!) transfer. We've felt the Spirit more and continue to see more and more miracles, yet it hasn't necessarily gotten easier. Satan never gives up! We've seen his influence as well. The continued theme in our meetings of obedience, faith, charity, love, unity, etc.--especially in companionships--leads me to believe that he is attacking many companionships in the mission right now. The mission has had some hard hits recently. Some of our missionaries have gone home. I am more grateful than ever to have Sister White right now. I have never been so unified with a companion so much, nor realized the power such a unified companionship can wield!
We are preparing ourselves, our investigators and our area for another visit--after a little persuasion and a lot of guessing, Bishop confirmed the rumors we've heard. Elder Bednar is coming to the mission at the end of this month. I am thinking seriously about how to prepare myself to receive the things he is going to teach us. I know from experience that every learning opportunity--from sacrament meeting to zone meeting to an all-mission conference with an Apostle--must be prepared for with a thoroughly softened heart. Seeds can't grow on hard earth! Lots of prayer, lots of fasting, lots of study.
I'm already just about out of time. I want you to know how much I love the Lord and love this work. Nothing has taught me more about our Father in Heaven, our Savior and the way they feel about us, or about the huge responsibility this generation has to carry their message to the world. It doesn't end in New Jersey. God lives, this is His church, and I feel His influence every day, directing me to do what He would do Himself if He were here. I want nothing more than for people to understand the knowledge, the peace and the joy available to us through the restored gospel. I have come to realize that not even most members really understand the magnitude of what we have been given, or how they fit into this plan of our Father's, or what faith is, or how much they can achieve when they exercise faith in Christ. I certainly don't understand it all, but I know enough to realize that most people have only scratched the surface of their potential.
I love you! You're the best!
Sister Black
No comments:
Post a Comment