Dear Family,
After all the hinting and warning of various mission leaders over the past couple weeks, I shouldn't be surprised to find out I'm being transferred. It's the end of a wonderful transfer with Sister White, and we both lay in her bed and cried this morning when we received the text. Then we got up and went running and got to work. We've seen a lot of success and miracles here. Our love for the Lord and for the work has increased. We've seen and taught the most prepared and truly converted people of both our missions. We've made each other breakfast and called each other names and told each other our life stories. We have learned and experienced so much during our time together, and I know that we will probably be friends for the rest of our lives. She's going to name her first daughter after me. Don't worry, I'll introduce you in April (and I was just kidding about the name, I don't think she's going to do that). Honestly, I'm not sure why we're so torn up about being apart. In what will surely feel like days, we'll be attached at the hip at the mission home waiting to go home and it will feel like we were never separated. Probably.
So now that you know how much I love Sister White, I have to tell you one thing, and then I have to go pack. ELDER BEDNAR IS THE COOLEST PERSON ON THE PLANET. I got to be the last one to shake his hand and talk to him after our conference on Saturday because I played the organ.
It was a spiritually packed meeting. The best part was that he didn't present any information to us at all. No talk/address/sermon/speech/presentation or any other form of talking "at" us. He asked us questions and we asked him questions and wrote down the impressions that we received and came away very renewed and spiritually filled. I'll have to tell you more about it later. Probably in April. I can go into so much more detail and talk your ears off then.
I think I can start to be excited for a new area. Knowing that I'm only going to be there for a few weeks presents some challenges that I'm just going to have to get over and deal with, but I trust the Lord and am ready to work and squeeze out the last trickling drops of energy I have left for Him. He'll probably return it to me, with a little extra. My guess is Morristown. I was promised in my setting-apart blessing that I would find connections with Dad and my family here. Perhaps I do not understand what kind of connections those are, but Morristown is the closest area for Sisters to where Dad was, and I have heard tell of some Judds there...we'll see.
I love you all so mucho.
Sister Black
No comments:
Post a Comment